I was experiencing Windows 10 going in sleep mode after 1 minute of inactivity. Normal Power settings does not work and have to run this process to change System Unattended Sleep in RegEdit first.
I think when my HP Laptop was upgraded to Windows 10, it changed certain registry entries that caused this problem to occur.
Here is the solution that solved this issue for me:
- Open the Run option using the Windows key or icon.
NOTE: If usingWin10, hold down the Windows key and press “r” to bring up the Run option.
2) Type regedit
3) Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator if needed
4) When the Registry file opens, navigate to:
5) Double click on Attributes
6).Enter number 2 and close the Registry editor. This makes visible a hidden setting in the Advanced power options Sleep settings
7) Navigate to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click the Change advanced power settings.
NOTE: If using Win10, right click on the Windows Icon and select Power Options – select Change Power Options for the power plan you are using –click on Change Advanced Power Settings and go to # 9.
8).Click Change settings that are currently unavailable
9).Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.
10) You are done. Close any open menus. This should fix the problem.